Miss Grand Bahama Pageant To Unveil Contestants In April
Freeport, Grand Bahama – Miss Grand Bahama Beauty Pageant Organization is set to present their 2012 Miss Grand Bahama contestants during an unveiling on April 6, 2012 at 8pm under the theme, Mystical Wonders of Grand Bahama. The event will once again take place at Sabor Restaurant and Bar at the Pelican Bay Hotel at Lucaya.
This is a free event and open to the public, and in attendance will be sponsors, press, friends and family, and also 2011 Miss Grand Bahama, Keriann Stuart.
The Miss Grand Bahama Beauty Pageant Organization is pleased and excited to present to the beautiful and intelligent young contestants to Grand Bahama and The Bahamas. The young women were selected through a screening process held earlier this year, and were chosen for their intelligence, effective communication skills, appearance, attitude, motivation, team spirit, maturity and confidence. The young ladies had to also go through extensive training and work shops in etiquette, make-up, health and fitness, public speaking, presentation and runway technique.
Who will be the next Miss Grand Bahama 2012 and represent her country on the world stage? Miss Stuart has the opportunity to represent with grace, style, poise, beauty and maturity at the Miss Coffee International Beauty Pageant in Colombia.
“It has been a busy year for our Miss Grand Bahama and she attended many functions, but this is what our pageant is all about. We strive to get Miss Grand Bahama out in the community, and let the public know who Miss Grand Bahama is,” said Glenn Davis, founder of the Miss Grand Bahama Beauty Pageant Organization.
“Our winner will receive a two-year scholarship to Terreve College and a month-long, all expense paid trip to China, where she will represent Grand Bahama/ The Bahamas in the Miss Friendship International Pageant later this year. She also receives an all expense paid trip to Colombia to participate in the Miss Coffee International Beauty Pageant.”
“The success of this event is credited largely to our sponsors who lend their names and financial support and time to this event. The Miss Grand Bahama Beauty Pageant Organization would like to say thanks a million to all of our sponsors,” said Davis.
Sponsors include shoes from Escante Shoe Outlet; jewelry from Patrice; Island Seas Resort for hosting our Top Model / Talent Competitions; Treasure Bay Casino for hosting our Swimsuit/ Evening Gown Competition; The Conch Galley who will be host for our national costume judging; the YMCA for our fitness training (thanks to the director Ms Karon Johnson); TheBahamasWeekly.com for their continued media sponsorship; Pelican Bay Hotel who hosts the 2012 unveiling of contestants and contestant interviews with judges; Terreve College for their educational scholarship; Dr. Percentie who provides a year of dental cleaning; Club Neptune who hosted the judges cocktail reception; Bahamian Brewery & Beverage; Grand Bahama Yacht Club for hosting the Miss Grand Bahama 2012 contestants official photo shoot.
The organization wishes to also thank their 2012 official photographer, Ruckus Mann; skin and make-up consultant, Kindra Williams; Jackqueline Gray who coached contestants on Etiquette & Communication Skills; Nikie Severe Miss Grand Bahama 2010 and Miss Grand Bahama 2011, Keriann Stuart who both spoke to the girls on pageantry.
2012 Pageant Schedule :
- Unveiling of the 2012 Miss Grand Bahama Contestants: Friday, April 6, 2012 at Pelican Bay Hotel at 8pm
- Miss Grand Bahama 2012 Top Model & Talent Competition: May 4, 2012 at 8pm at Island Sea Resort
- Miss Grand Bahama 2012 Evening Gown and Swimsuit Competition: May 12, 2012 sponsored by Treasure Bay Casino at 8pm
- Miss Grand Bahama 2012 Float Parade and National Costume Judging: May 19, 2012, float parade starts from the YMCA finish at Grand Bahama Yacht Club The Conch Galley.
- The contestant will be attending Church Service at Saint Nicolas in East End.
- Miss Grand Bahama 2012 Fitness Challenge: April 21, 2012 at the YMCA
- Main event, the “2012 Miss Grand Bahama Beauty Pageant”: May 20th, 2012 at the Hilton Outten Convention Center. Please come out and support these lovely young ladies, of which one will wear the crown and represent her island and country. This main event will be a black tie affair. VIP tickets $35.00, General $25.00, and at the door $30.00. The Pre-Show will commence at 8:15pm, with the Main Show and Competition
- Finals commencing at 9pm