Taste of The Caribbean Set For June
The National Culinary Team has trained diligently for nearly six months preparing for the Taste of the Caribbean competition next month in Miami.
On Tuesday, June 18th at 7:00 p.m. they will showcase their skills at a demonstration dinner at the illustrious One & Only Ocean Club.
The evening includes a seven course dinner (menu below), cocktail reception and an Amuse Bouche which creatively infuses Bahamian with International food pairings and flavor.
Enjoy wine, tastings of the bartender three signature drinks (one non-alcoholic) for the competition, great music, company, and the lovely ambiance of the One & Only Ocean Club.
Help us show our appreciation for the development of the culinary arts and motivate our Culinarians as we celebrate 40 years of Indigenous Cuisine.
Reserve your ticket(s) with this reservation form (pdf).
- A Selection of Hors d’oeuvres to Accompany Wine and Cocktails
- Compressed Watermelon with Feta Balsamic Lobster & Green Mango with Artichoke
- Yellow Grits and Mushroom Croquette Crab & Dough with Crab Butter
- Amuse Bouche: Duck Prosciutto and Melon
- Long Island Sweet Corn Soup with Mini Corn Bird Pepper Muffin
- Backyard Farmer’s Plate
- Spicy Bimini Corn Tortellini, Fresh Thyme and Fennel Cream
- Plantain Dusted Grouper, Pumpkin and Okra Succotash
- Sands Beer, Vanilla Shandy Sorbet
- Tamarind Braised Short Rib, Farm Chicken and Smoked Apple Sausage, Cassava Puree with Roast Garlic
- White Chocolate and Coconut Bavarian with Passion Fruit, Dark Chocolate, Sugar Banana and Mangola
Source: The Bahamas Hotel and Tourism Association