Bahamas B2B: Message Board

Name: Cautious Traveller
E-Mail: [Private]
Date/Time: 3/7/2005 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: Here is a copy of a letter sent to Island
Body:
Your story sounds like a rip-off scam. The reviews for the Island Seas Resort are equally disturbing. The only good reviews seem to have been planted by friends of the time-share resort.

j Hamilton on 3/7/2005 8:09 AM said:

>>March 4, 2004
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Dear Contracts Department For Island Seas Resort:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Saturday February 26, 2005 I Joyce A Hamilton and Joanne M Alexander was approached by a young lady who offered us a tour with Island Seas Resort which took place on Sunday February 27, 2005. The young lady told us that there was no obligation to buy and that we will be given gifts just for participating.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Sunday February 27, 2005, at approximately 5:00pm I, Joyce A Hamilton and Joanne Alexander signed a 30 year contract with Island Seas Resort we asked Ms. S if we decided to cancel would would happen she said that we would get our money back. On February 28, 2004, less than 24 ours of the signing of the contract, I discussed the possibility of canceling this agreement and was told by Ms. S our sales person that if we cancelled the agreement that we would not get our $775.00 which was the down payment for the timeshare. I asked her why and she stated that because we stayed there that night, we would have to pay for the room and the gifts that we were given, which in fact were told in the beginning that the gifts were complimentary for taking the tour.
>>
>>
>>
>>On Friday March 4, 2005, I spoke to Mr. B, who is a sales manager at the Island Resort, and was told not only would we lose the $775.00 but we will also be charged $333.00 for the room.
>>
>>
>>
>>At first I based my decision on the fact that I did not think my decision through, but after I speaking with to Mr. B on March 4, 2005. I am also basing my decision on his rudeness, which included being evasive and spending 15min pleading and going through a shouting match with him trying to explain a few things that he misunderstood and to get the break down of the expenses, which he did not give me as well as the unethical behavior of the resort.
>>
>>
>>
>>In short we were told on February 27, 2005, that if we canceled the agreement we could get our money back and the next day February 28, 2005(less than 24 hours of the contract) was told that we could not get our money back and the $775.00 would have to cover hotel expenses for two people (myself and Ms. Alexander who was co-signer). Furthermore, on March 4, 2005, after deciding to cancel the agreement, Mr. B, the sales manager of the resort, told me that we would have to pay for an extra night because we checked out at 2:00pm instead of 10:00am. (On February 27, 2005 prior to signing anything Ms. S told us that we could check out at 2:00 and did not mention anything about paying for an additional night) Lastly, to my surprise, on March 4, 2005, Mr. B told me that in addition to paying the $775.00 we would have to pay $333.00 for the room and the payment for the room was not included in the $775.00. So all together the total amount for one night is $1108.00
>>
>>
>>
>>Therefore, as of March 4, 2005, I Joyce A. Hamilton and Joanne Alexander wish to cancel the following agreement and every other agreement associated with this contract.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>So after praying and seeking out council I have decided to cancel this agreement according to this contract and expect to be paid the full amount
>>
>>Of $765.00 and not be paid the additional $333.00 for the room as there was no monetary amount listed in the contract that stated that the complimentary room was given on the condition that we signed.) In addition, we were told that the gifts were free (tee shirts etc.) for simply taking the tour.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> P.S. Our travel including airfare, our stay at the Comfort Inn in Florida, the cruise to the Bahamas or the stay at the Comfort Inn in Florida was prepaid by us and had no affiliation with any travel package made with Island Seas Resort nor did we go on any tour through Island Seas Resort after leaving the Bahamas.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Thank You
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Joyce A. Hamilton
>>
>>Joanne M. Alexander
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

Replies:

NOTE: BahamasB2B is not responsible for the content of this message. The views expressed in the Message Board are the responsibility of the person posting the message and not BahamasB2B. BahamasB2B does not review the messages in any way before they appear on the Message Board. BahamasB2B reserves the right to remove any message from the Site at any time.

Search  |  Site map

Copyright 2000-2021, BahamasB2B - The Bahamas Portal - featuring vacation and travel information, all island news, Bahamas real estate listings, classified ads, web hosting and small business services for Nassau, Grand Bahama, Abaco, Exuma, Harbour Island and other islands of the Bahamas.