Power Failures Continue

Residents of the capital continued to complain of blackouts yesterday – even as BEC gave assurances that power had been restored to 98 per cent of New Providence.

The Tribune received a number of angry calls from BEC customers who said their power supply was interrupted repeatedly on Sunday.

In some areas, supply was restored right after the storm, only to go off again yesterday.

BEC public relations representative Arnette Wilson Ingraham said the company experienced difficulties that caused half of the island to go off-line at one point.