Amidst the many fads to help lose weight are some tried and true strategies that always work. Obese adults who were given a pamphlet which included these seven basic rules were motivated enough to lose 4 pounds in 8 weeks.
Nutrition experts say following all seven rules could help you shave off up to 900 calories a day – enough to lose nearly 15 pounds in two months.
1. Eat your meals on a regular schedule
2. Choose low-fat foods
3. Pack healthy snacks for work and play
4. Check the fat and sugar content on food labels
5. Portion wisely and skip seconds (except vegetables)
6. Avoid sugary drinks (like soda pop)
7. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily