The highest calorie alcoholic drinks are typically those that contain sugary mixers or creamy ingredients.
Some examples include:
- Pina Colada: Made with coconut cream and pineapple juice, it can be very high in calories.
- Margarita: Often made with sugary syrups and triple sec, adding significant calories.
- Long Island Iced Tea: Contains multiple types of spirits along with sweet and sour mix or cola.
- Mai Tai: A tropical cocktail with multiple types of rum and fruit juices, resulting in high calories.
- White Russian: Made with vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream, making it a calorie-dense choice.
Just because these drinks are high in calories, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them! However, it’s essential to be mindful of these and consume them in moderation if you are concerned about your calorie intake.
Opting for low-calorie alternatives or enjoying drinks in their simpler forms can help reduce calorie consumption.
Some low-calorie alcoholic beverage options include vodka soda, gin and tonic (using diet tonic), light beer, and dry wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio). These options typically have fewer calories compared to sugary cocktails or creamy drinks.