Go ahead, hit the snooze button.
How your morning goes can usually be an indication of how the rest of your day will progress. Having a good morning can mean smooth sailing for the rest of the day, when a bad morning can mean a rocky road ahead.
A wise person once said, fail to plan and you plan to fail. By planning your morning routine in advance, things fall into place as expected and you’ll have a great start to the day.
The star of a good morning is breakfast. After fasting all night during your slumber, breakfast literally breaks the fast and fuels your body for the day ahead.
What you eat for breakfast matters. Shoving a pop-tart into your mouth as you walk out the door or stopping for fast food is not healthy, cost-effective, or sustainable. You’re likely to end up hungry well before lunch.
Set your day up for success with make-ahead breakfasts. These recipe ideas are well-balanced, easy to take on the go, and best of all delicious. Prepare these breakfasts over the weekend or when you have time and your future self will thank you.
These make-ahead breakfasts can be fully customized to fit your tastes, diet and nutrition goals. Add extra veggies, protein or whatever you like best.
Tex-Mex Breakfast Burritos
- Grab a pack of your favorite burrito-size tortilla.
- Spread a layer of refried beans on each tortilla.
- Add scrambled eggs or tofu.
- Top with salsa & avocado slices and roll-up.
- Bake a bag of tater-tots to package instructions & once done, use them to line a cast-iron skillet.
- Top with chopped spinach, tempeh, olives, and sundried tomato.
- Pour in beaten eggs or a container of JustEgg.
- Bake until completely set.
- Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Arrange small cut potatoes, vegan sausages with sliced bell peppers & onions onto the pan.
- Spray with olive oil spray and season to taste.
- Roast until veggies are cooked throughout.